Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kid Quotes '12

As I am getting breakfast for the kids one morning...
Sadie:  Mom, let's pretend we're at a restaurant and you're the waitress
(Hmm... isn't that how it usually works?)

During the Summer '12 Olympics...
Me:  If you guys were in the Olympics, what events would you do?
Sadie:  Gymnastics and Swimming!
Kinnick:  Umm... I would be a Muppet in the Olympics

After we put the kids to bed one night...
Sadie (yelling):  Mom, I need to go potty!
Macey:  Mom, I need to go to potty too!
Me:  Sadie--go quickly and get back in bed.  Macey--lay down, you have a diaper on.
Macey:  Oh, I'm not potty trained yet?

Sadie:  Can we get another dog?
Me:  No, I don't think our family could handle that right now.
Sadie:  Are you serious?  A 2 year old, a 3 year old, 2-30 year olds, and an almost 6 year old can't handle a dog?  Seriously?
(Yes--seriously!)

Me:  Sadie, I'm not sure that outfit matches.
Sadie:  This outfit really does match--it's a mystery.  You just have to figure it out.

Kinnick fell and scrapped his knee--as he was crying we had this conversation:
Me:  Are you gonna make it buddy?
K:  No, I'm not gonna make it!
Me:  We could cut your leg off.
Kinnick (shocked):  No, Mom--that would hurt way badder!

Macey:  I'm so pointed Mommy... (disappointed)

Sadie wants to buy something, I tell her she doesn't have enough money for it...
Sadie:  Well, I would have enough money in my bank account to pay for it if you didn't make me save all my money for college!
Marc and I having a (private) conversation in the car about having another baby...
Sadie (eavesdropping):  Do you guys really want another baby?  Are you sure you can handle it?  You can hardly handle the kids you already have.

Kinnick was having a bath and found some strings from a washcloth in the tub.  He showed them to me and told me they were spider webs.  As I was drying him off after his bath, he said (very seriously):  "I'm not sure what's wrong with me mom... I think I'm turning into spiderman."

Macey:  I'm not afraid of anything.
Marc;  Macey, you are too afraid of things.  You're afraid of monsters.
Macey:  No I'm not.
Marc:  You're afraid of bad guys.
Macey:  No I'm not.
Marc:  You're afraid of aliens.
Macey:  No I'm not.
Marc:  You're afraid of Santa Clause.
Macey:  (Looking very sad) Yes, I am afraid of Santa.

No comments: