Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chrismas 2013

Finally close to wrapping up my 2012 posts (it's only March!)  We loved having our first Christmas in our new house!!  It was also a special Christmas because we were joined by my parents, Jordan, & Kassie.  We got home from the Dells on Christmas Eve afternoon.  We made a junk food feast and had fun playing games on Christmas Eve.

The kids each got to open a new Christmas book and they enjoyed putting out cookies and milk for Santa...
 
We started our Christmas morning by reading the story of Jesus' birth and singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.  It was special to do this with my parents the last two years because this is a tradition they had for me and my siblings growing up. 

 
Excited to see what Santa brought!


 
Santa Presents:


 
 
This year we did 3 presents for each kid from Marc and I... this symbolizes the 3 gifts that the wisemen brought to baby Jesus.  I have a couple friends who shared this idea with me and I thought it would be a perfect way to help simplify.  I LOVE giving gifts (especially to my children) and I tend to go overboard.  It was nice to have a guideline.




Sadie was especially surprised by this Barbie book.  She begged me to get it from her book order and was so bummed that I wouldn't let her.  She didn't know that I really did order the book and ask her teacher to save it out for me to pick up.  It's really hard to surprise this nosey, smart girl so it was fun to see her so shocked!




3 Months Pregnant!
 
 
New Ornaments for the Kids:
 Kinnick got Batman because he had a superhero party this year and is pretty much obsessed with superheros (still)!
 
 
 Macey got a piece of Candy for her ornament because she's so SWEET (still)!
 
 Sadie got a soccer girl because she tried soccer for the first time this year.
 
We ended our night with brownie sundaes and peppermint ice cream.  We had fun watching Sadie's new Mikenna movie.  It was so fun to spend Christmas day in our P.J.'s and go no where!  We had fun making memories...

No comments: