Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Few More Books from 2012

Haven't posted any book reviews for awhile...  these are some of my favorite inspirational/educational reads from 2012:
 This was probably my favorite book that I read in 2012!  I would love to be able to see Mary Beth Chapman speak... her writing was raw, honest, heartfelt, and inspiring.  Grab a box of tissues and curl up with a big cup of coffee for this one!

Kisses from Katie also tops my list of amazing stories!  I am so inspired by this young woman.  She is such an awesome example of what God can do if you REALLY trust Him with your life, if you are obedient to His word, and if you are brave enough to pursue the dreams He gives you.  This book will change your perspective!
I enjoyed participating in an on-line book study led by Jill Savage.  It was really fun to get some personal insights from her and to relate to almost 200 other moms from all over the world reading it at the same time.  This book puts a new spin on the life of Jesus as it relates his struggles to those that moms experience on a daily basis.  I love that she encourages you to read through a large amount of new testament scripture as you work through this book.

Another practical, inspiring read by Jill Savage... I enjoyed reading this book with my moms playgroup.  It was fun to work through the different ideas with some other moms.  It really helped me to change some of my attitudes about money.
Another awesome book by Angie Smith!  I loved reading I Will Carry You so I was excited to check out this book as well.  This book was much more "lesson" based then her first book (narrative) but she still includes many, many personal examples from her life.  She really ministers to women from her own struggles.
It took me several months to work thru this book, but it was a good read.  I enjoyed going through it with my sister-in-law.  The chapters are short and each chapter brings a practical take-away.  I loved some of her ideas... praying through your child's room and praying with other parents for all of your children.  This is a book I'm sure I will go back to.

No comments: