Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Date Day in the Windy City

Marc loves to tease me about my addiction to Groupon; however, I'm pretty sure we never would have planned this date if I wouldn't have bought a Groupon!  I had been wanting to go to ice skating and I just think it's so much more fun to do it OUTSIDE and in downtown CHICAGO!  I bought a Groupon for 2 skate rentals for $10 (normally $10 each) for the McCormick Tribune Skating Rink in Millennium Park. 

Our babysitter came at 10:30--we planned to head to Chicago and find somewhere downtown to eat lunch... but plans changed.  Marc wanted to drop our snow blower off at Sears before we left--it had been needing repairs.  What was meant to be a quick drop off adding 15 minutes to our trip ended up taking over an hour.  Part of our date was spent in the Dollar Store Parking lot using a baster to suction all the gas out of the snow blower!  Once we finally had this done, we decided to eat lunch at Chipotle before heading downtown.  It's one of our favorite places to eat and we usually never eat in the restaurant.  It was a good start to our date! 

We did make it downtown and had a lot of fun ice skating.  It was harder than I remembered...  We spent as much time watching people ice skate as we did skating.  I am pleased to say that we both made it without any falls!  When we were done skating, we spent some time walking around Millennium Park (and of course seeing the "Bean").  Afterwards we warmed up with some coffee before heading back home. 



On our way home, we stopped at Sears outlet to look at some fridges (on our "purchase" list).  I will admit this was much more fun to do with no kids!  I loved having our date during the day and still being home to enjoy a relaxed family movie night with our kiddos!

No comments: