Friday, March 22, 2013

Daddy Daughter Dance

January 17:  This was a first at our house... Daddy Daughter Dance!  Sadie's school hosted a Winter Father-Daughter Dance.  It was fun taking Sadie shopping to pick out a new dress.  She didn't want anything fancy--she chose this herself.  It's hard to tell from the pics but she was adamant about not wearing leggings so she has on legwarmers instead.  She also did not want me to fix her hair but she agreed to wearing a headband...
 I'll admit that sometimes it is hard to let go of my dreams of dressing up my beautiful little girl and making her look like I want her to look.  I am however learning (day by day) to let her be herself and embrace the strong, confident, unique personality that God gave her.  It's not always easy, but it does bring me much Joy to see the strong young woman she is becoming!
Sadie's favorite part of the night was probably the snacks--they served popcorn, soda, and her favorite... candy!  They also got to get their picture taken together.  I'm looking forward to my turn when Kinnick is in school!

No comments: