Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter!

I have a lot of blogging I want to do currently, so my Easter blog will be one huge post with lots of pictures... Here we go!

We started the day before Easter with an Easter egg hunt in Streator's park. They have a HUGE hunt and break into sections by age. Sadie got to go with all 2-year olds (which was pretty hilarious!) Parents can not help and were left behind the rope screaming at their child to "get the eggs... faster!" Hmm... is this a preview of little league? The weather was great and Sadie loved it. There was one other girl from church their and I got to see over half of my Kindergarten kids!

This is Sadie with her friend Megan. (Carson was sick and did not got to hunt eggs.)



When we got back home, we let Sadie open her Easter present from Grandma and Grandpa Gorsch since we would not be seeing them on Easter.
"Thanks Grandpa & Grandma!"
Next, it was off to Bowen... When we got there we went to Jason & Trista's house to dye eggs. We did this last year also--Sadie was much more into it this year!



"We made these eggs!"

Sadie's first egg!

Getting a little messy, so off with the shirts!

After eggs Jaren & Sadie went into the tub. You can see more pics on Trista's blog!


Kinnick had a bath in Grandma's sink and loved it! (We don't have a big enough sink at our house, so Sadie and Kinnick both got to do this at G-ma & G-pa's!)
We spent the night at my Mom & Dad's and were up at 5:30 on Easter Sunday to attend sun-rise service at 6:00. The kids did really well and it was kind of fun to have Sadie in church with us since she usually goes to the toddler room. After church we had breakfast and then went home to hunt for Easter baskets. We talked it up on the way home and Sadie was convinced her basket would be on the porch--not sure why?! Sadie got to find 4 baskets--2 for her and 2 for Kinnick (1 each from us and G-ma and G-pa). She has some help from Aunt Kassie and really enjoyed it!

Sadie looking for her basket.

Sadie trying on her new glasses.

" Thanks G-ma & G-pa Henry--these cookies are my favorite!"

Kinnick with his Easter baskets. Sorry... no candy this year!


I LOVED this little Bears onsie jersey--can't wait for him to wear it!


My sweet baby boy... Isn't he precious? I'm sorry to say that I could not snap even one pic of Sadie and Kinnick in their coordinating outfits... Big sister was not cooperating! (I'm sure they'll be wearing them again!)

The last thing we did was to hunt Easter eggs and surprises outside. My Aunts & Uncles and G-ma and G-pa came over for Easter dinner and we always had a tradition growing up to hunt Easter goodies after dinner. Now we're on to the next generation and still loving it!


We had a great Easter! I've always loved this holiday--it's so full of new life and such a great reminder of how GREAT our God is. Seeing my two healthy babies reminds me how blessed I am and truly how GREAT my God is. I started my blog last year around Easter. I can't believe I've been blogging for a year now--Sadie has changed so much...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the outfit for little Nickie! He is really a beautiful boy! Sadie is getting so big, I can hardly believe the way that kids grow. Thanks for all the pis they help me feel like we are all near eachother and not the miles and miles away that we really are.

Stephanie said...

I love the family pic w/matching outfits :)