Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Traditions






I loved growing up in a home with traditions! We had lots of holiday traditions that helped me to create fond memories of my childhood. I love knowing that my parents really cared about making special memories for us! Now that I'm a parent, I get to pass those traditions on to my children (and add some of my own!)

This is Sadie's 2nd Easter. She did get an Easter basket and dyed eggs last Easter, but she pretty much slept through it all! This year was alot more fun for her. We got to take her on her first Easter egg hunt at my parent's church--she was more interested in the muddy grass than the eggs. She got to dye Easter eggs with two of her cousins--she was more interested in licking the sparkles off the eggs. And of course, she got to hunt for an Easter basket. It was so much fun to watch her pull each new treasure out of her basket and explore it. I completely understand why parents invest so much time and effort into creating traditions. Seeing your child's eyes light up with excitment is absolutely amazing. As Sadie continues to grow, Marc and I look forward to teaching her the true meaning of Easter and enjoying many more tradition filled seasons!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so excited you have started blogging too this is so much fun. Sadie looked so cute in her Easter dress. I am hoping to upload some Easter pics if I can find my camera...

Bethany said...

Sadie is so grown up! I am really glad we are all doing this, we don't feel so far from each other. She is beautiful, and really looks like you.