Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

I love fall treats... carmel apples, apple cider, kettle corn, s'mores, pumpkin bars! (Okay, some of these things are enjoyed in multiple seasons, but I consider them fall treats!) I had a friend ask me for this pumpkin bar recipe last year and I kept thinking, I'll just post it in my blog--I even had the cookbook setting on the computer desk for over a month! Needless to say, this recipe is long overdue... We love these--my mom brought them as my birthday cake my freshmen year of college.

Pumpkin Bars:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 c. oil
  • 1 can pumpkin (16 oz)
  • 2 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda

Mix all ingredients and spread batter in a sheet pan. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350. Cool and frost.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 c. butter or margarine
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. powdered sugar

1 comment:

Bethany said...

This is going in my menu planning this week!! Thanks so much!! I love these!