Sunday, October 10, 2010

My BIG Boy!

Kinnick is officially in his big boy bed. We've been wanting to do the switch for awhile now but kept putting it off b/c we were traveling, having late nights, etc. He had gotten good enough at climbing out of (and back in to) his crib that he could get out, get a toy and be back in before we could even be upstairs to return him to bed. I decided I was probably putting more thought than needed into the switch and I was right. Our family came up to put him to bed last Sunday. We made a big deal out of how big he was, clapped for him and told him he needed to stay in his bed. It's been a week now and he's doing GREAT! My little cute boy sleeping his first night in his big bed.

I found him the next morning happily looking at books!
He's still getting used to sleeping with his pillow--we usually find him laying at the bottom of his bed. Last night we found him asleep with his feet on the floor laying over the side of his bed. Nap times are still a bit more challenging some days--Example: One day I heard loud banging sounds and thought he was climbing up and throwing books off his bookshelf. I went up expecting to find a mess. I opened the door and found no mess, just Kinnick sitting on his bed grinning. I told him to lay down and went back out. As soon as I heard the bang again, I opened the door to find him climbing up on his bed and jumping off onto the floor. He was jumping so hard that he knocked the light cover off the bathroom light!
Just another step in the journey as Kinnick continues to grow--I am really trying to treasure each moment... it's going too fast!

No comments: