Friday, October 29, 2010

Leaf Hunting

Last week we went on a leaf hunt... I got out all of my leaf books (including Going on a Leaf Hunt) and we had fun reading about leaves and talking about why they change color. Next we went out to collect some leaves. Our goal was to find red, yellow, orange, brown, and green. This wasn't hard at all because we live next to a huge park with tons of different trees.
Kinnick and Macey enjoyed a stroller ride (and a fall treat!)

Sadie rode her bike so she could help me pick up lots of leaves. (I'm loving that she's riding her bike more and more so I don't have to wear Macey on our walks--she's getting really good, we go for mile plus walks!)

Kinnick and Sadie--showing off our leaf collection.

Sadie and I classified the leaves by color, size, and shape. We also used some of our books to identify a few different types of leaves... and of course we had to make some leaf rubbings!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are too creative!

Jenn said...

very fun. Were you a kindergarten teacher?