Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sadie's Special Day

Last week Sadie and I had a "Mommy-Daughter Day." We talked about it the night before and she woke up very excited. She was a little bit sad to leave Kinnick by himself at Ms. Jennifer's (she ALWAYS takes care of him...) but she was excited to go with me by herself.

I had found a theater close to Marc's work that plays $1 kids movies once a week during the summer. We had never taken Sadie to a movie before, so I thought this would be a good way to test it out. I chose "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" (Veggie Tales).

We experienced a slight setback when I got to what I thought was the correct theater only to find out it wasn't. Luckily, the correct theater was just a few minutes away. We were still able to get popcorn/candy/soda and only miss a few minutes... Sadie did very well. She took two potty breaks (and went both times!) and crawled back and forth between her own seat and my lap. She did think their was a scary part--she sat on my lap and buried her face in me. When it was over, she kept asking, "Where scary go?" (I think she kind of liked the thrill.) Another BIG treat for her was having her very own soda. She always manages drinks from mine and her dad's, but this was the first time she got her own! After the movie, as we were walking to the parking lot she said "Mommy went to the wrong theater, Silly Mommy!"

After the movie we did a little bit of shopping. She has a friend who has a birthday party coming up soon and she was determined to get her a shirt. (She already loves to shop!) We went by Marc's work to say Hi and of course get a sucker.

Our last stop was lunch at McDonald's (w/ a playland of course!) I loved being able to sit and listen to her talk about her fun day. I did have to take a trip into the playland b/c Sadie really wanted to go down the "big slide" and she couldn't figure out how to get to the top. We ended our day by sharing a hot fudge sundae...



I'm looking forward to many more "Mommy-Daughter days" to come!
(Kinnick also got a day last week--I took him to the mall to get his pictures taken while Sadie went to Ms. Jennifer's. I think his fun days will be a little more fun as he gets older!)

No comments: