Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

Last week as I was packing for one of our trips, I got some coloring books out for Sadie and left her in room to entertain herself. I took Kinnick upstairs and we continued to pack. After awhile I got sidetracked on the computer. When I looked at the clock, I realized that I had not checked on Sadie (or heard from her) in over 30 minutes. I was a little bit nervous as to what I would find... nevertheless, I decided I should go check it out.

To my surprise I found her quietly sitting in the same spot I left her--peeling the wrappers off of her crayons!
Let me explain: The week after school got out, I brought home a tub of peeled broken crayons that my Kindergarten students had peeled for me. I also had a small bag of crayons that still needed peeled. I enlisted Sadie's help to peel, break, and sort the crayons into muffin tins by color. I had no idea that this activity would become a treasured past time! Ever since the crayon peeling activity, she cannot do any coloring unless her crayon is peeled.

I was very impressed with how neatly she lined up her crayons and made a little pile of all of the peelings... I wonder where she gets that trait from?


Who knew a 25 cent box of crayons could provide this much entertainment? A quarter well spent!

1 comment:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

That is so stinkin cute! No question whose daughter she is! :-)