Monday, July 27, 2009

Ozarks Vacation

Over 4th of July weekend we took a trip to Osage Beach for a Henry family reunion. All of my immediate family (except my sister's fiance, Jack) were there; as well as my Grandma, all of my aunts & uncles and most of my cousins (and their little ones!) We were quite the crew!

Our plan was to do dinner Friday, dinner Saturday, and church/lunch on Sunday ALL together. The rest of the time was on our own... We had a great time (even though two of our cook-outs got rained out.)
After we got soaked at 4th of July evening cookout...

Kinnick now enjoys sitting in the big booster seat and eating as much table food as possible!

Jaren, Jadyn, & Sadie at 4th of July cook-out. (I failed to get a pic of all 4 cousins. I also did not get any picks of Sadie w/ her 2nd cousins b/c of all the rain!) Daddy & Sadie--our condo was right on the lake.

My little cutie :)


A big family game of dominoes. My parents, Jason & Trista, & Jordan stayed in this 3-bedroom condo. Marc & I, Jessica & Kassie (along w/ Wrigley, Denver, & Chloe) stayed in a 2 bedroom condo where we could have the dogs w/ us.


The kids did sparklers and we watched fire works from my parents' balcony.

On Sunday we rented jet skis. (We had planned to rent a boat also, but it was overcast and rainy so we decided on just the jet skis...)

Marc bought Sadie this little life jacket during our trip--she was very excited about it!

Marc, Sadie, Jadyn, & I rode together and Jordan, Kassie, & Jaren rode on another. We went for about an hour then let Marc and Jordan take them out alone. Sadie LOVED the jet ski. She kept saying "Faster!" I think she has inherited her daddy's love of water activities...

Hanging out...

On Sunday night we went out to eat, putt-putt golfing, and for ice cream. Kinnick enjoyed the golf game from his stroller.
Sadie really liked having her own club and ball.


Aunt Kassie and Sadie
See more pics on Trista's Blog!

No comments: