Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It Won't Be Like This For Long

For awhile I thought we'd never be able to get a good a family picture... or a picture of the three kids together...
I also thought I'd never be able to leave the house by myself with three kids...
or have a date night alone with my husband...
or have a girl's night out...
or make it through a day with my insanity intact...

BUT... I've accomplished all these things and so much more.

Marc said the other night, "Our life keeps getting better every day." Not that it wasn't ever great... but I think what he really meant by better was easier. He's right, it does keep getting easier every day...

I'm also learning every day...
That it's okay to take care of myself first...
That the sling and the double stroller are great allies...
That I DO have enough will power and determination to battle a strong-willed child...
That I am accomplishing something very important if I take time out each day to PLAY with my children...
That being consistent really does work...
That I don't have to be perfect...

I love the song It Won't Be Like This For Long by Darius Rucker--it always makes me cry but it gives me great perspective during those "hard times".

"It won't be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laugh'n
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
It won't be like this for long."

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

This post blessed me tonight. I love you friend. Man, I miss you.

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Such a sweet post that brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being a great example of a wonderful wife and mother to me! Love you tons!

Stephanie said...

You're making me cry again... there are a lot of days I wish I could freeze time!