Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kid-Free Weekend

Last weekend, my parents kept our kids for two nights! We didn't have anything going on, Sadie had just been asking to spend the night at Gpa & Gma's. This was our first night alone since Macey was born (and the first night alone that I wasn't pregnant since before kids!) We had a fantastic, relaxing weekend and the kids has a blast also!
When I got home Friday afternoon I found these flowers waiting for me! I was also surprised to find all the laundry done (I usually do laundry on Thursdays) and the kitchen was clean (it was a mess when I left b/c I had baked green cupcakes!) What a great way to start the weekend! (I also enjoyed my quiet 3-hour car trip home listening to adult music and my stop at Target by MYSELF!)
When we were planning our weekend we decided to go to a movie and dinner on Saturday. I asked Marc what he wanted to do on Friday--he said "No kids--we're going out both days!" So Friday night we went to one of our favorite pizza places in Ottawa. On our way home we stopped for ice cream and a movie. It was perfect!
Saturday we slept in and I enjoyed reading for over an hour. We made breakfast together and left around lunch time to make our movie. We saw The Adjustment Bureau (and enjoyed it) and then did some shopping. The highlight of our shopping was picking out a new phone for me! (Some of you may know about my phone troubles... but for those who don't I went through 4 phones since my last upgrade--we decided to purchase the insurance this time!) After shopping we attended Crossroads Christian Church Saturday night service. This is a church that is right down the road from Marc's bank. We enjoyed checking it out and meeting a few new people. Finally we went out for dinner. We drove around scoping out some local places and decided on a little Wine bar & grill. It was in a big old house--very unique. We loved our food!


Sunday we enjoyed another morning of uninterrupted sleeping in before heading to Peoria to meet my parents for lunch... We enjoyed every minute of our kid-free weekend!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I am so glad you got a weekend with eachother, what a great thing!! Love all the sleeping in you guys did, that is at the top of the list for us too!! You look so great and happy!! I have to say I am a bit jealous, hahaha!!

Ashley said...

Sounds amazing! Is Macey sleeping through the night and weaned? We've tried to leave Aeson once overnight, and it didn't turn out very well!! Cute pics!