Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baking With My Girls

Last week/weekend was a "sweet-filled" time at our house! We started on Thursday by baking Sadie's funfetti cake (2 round cakes plus cupcakes) and making sugar cookie dough. (I also made three pans of cinnamon rolls and a cinnamon roll ice cream cake which was amazing and simple--I'll have to share that recipe soon!) On Friday Sadie and Macey helped me cut out and bake 3 dozen tiara shaped sugar cookies. Sadie loved having her own dough to roll out and play with and Macey just loved watching! Friday afternoon we pulled our cakes out of the freezer to decorate. Sadie helped me decorate (while K & M were napping). She helped me spread frosting between each layer. When it was time to do the top and sides, I gave her her own "mini-cake" and frosting to work with and she did GREAT! She also helped me make patterns with the candy and stick them on to the castle cake.
Sadie's Princess Castle Cake:
The fun continued Sunday night and Monday as I decorated all these princess cookies for Sadie to take to pre-school for her birthday treats...
I'm happy to say our house is know (almost) sweet-free. We finished the cookies, dumped the leftover cake and frosting... there are however a few pieces of cinnamon roll ice cream cake in the freezer and of course some boxes of girl scout cookies... Not so good for my goal to lose a few pounds before summer!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Those princess cookies are super cute!!!!