Friday, March 11, 2011

More Conversations...

Kinnick:
  • "I'm 2! And Elmo's 2! And Kinnick's 2!"
  • "I'm so proud of you Macey!" (Me--"That's sweet, why are you so proud of Macey?") "Because she has a really BIG poopy butt!"
  • One day after Kinnick's time-out I was talking to him about having self-control. As I was trying to explain to him what self-control is he began to get a very serious (aka-mad) face. He started shaking his head and said "I not a troll! I Kinnick!"
  • Driving through town one day, we passed the barber shop. Kinnick got very excited and yelled "Mom, I see a really really big candy cane!"
  • Yesterday I went in Kinnick's room in the morning to get him dressed. He was sitting on his floor looking at books: Me--"Hi monkey boy!" (His pajamas had monkeys on them.) K--"I not monkey boy--I oo oo ah ah monkey boy." Okay... I took his pajama shirt off and put on a hawkeye football shirt. K--"I not oo oo ah ah monkey boy--I football boy!" This game continued until he became "Little Hawkeye Football Kinnick Boy" He also informed that "Herkey is big and Kinnick is little. But the Herkey on my bed is only little and the real Herkey is big."
Sadie:
  • At the children's museum--Sadie says to another little girl, "Hi what's your name?" Girl--"I'm Rilyn, what's your name?" S--"My name is Emma." Girl--"Oh, I have an Emma in my class." S--"Yep, that's my name."
  • Similar Conversation with our local librarian... Librarian--"What's your name?" S--"I'm Emma." L--"Your mom must be tired (as I'm trying to coral Macey and Kinnick to the check-out table.) Are you going to take a nap when you get home?" S--"No, I never take naps. (Only every day!) L--"How old are you?" S--"I'm 4, I'll be 5 on my birthday." (Not quite!) L--"Oh, do you go to pre-school?" S--"No" (We came to the library after picking her up from school... hmmm...)
  • "Glassable"--Sadie's word for a fragile object.
  • Kinnick was dressed up as King one day while they were playing and Sadie tried to put him in jail. Me--"You can't put a king in jail." S--"Kinnick, what kind of king are you? Are you a Jesus king or a regular king?" K--"I Jesus King!" S--"That's good because they put Jesus in jail" (as she picked him up and carried him off... should I be worried that she will try to crucify him also?)
  • Yesterday at nap time, Sadie burst out of her room super excited. "Mom, I decided to get my piggy bank down and count my money and I have A LOT of money! There's so much that I can't even get it all out! I think if we count all my money and organize it we will have enough to go to Disney world!!!!" Oh my sweet Sadie!

No comments: