Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Family Fun Day

Marc had MLK day off. Our day started like this... and ended like this...
With LOTS of fun in between!! The kids helped me make some stuffed french toast from a kids cookbook we checked out from the library. It was very yummy:
After breakfast, Sadie and Kinnick watched a cartoon while Marc and I got ready for the day. I love seeing them sit together in the chair!
I had some free passes to the Children's Museum in Bloomington and we decided it would be a great day to use them! We packed a lunch and loaded up. We got to the museum just before noon. Sadie remembered coming here with Grace, Faith, and Titus & Hannah last year. She actually guessed that we were going here with hardly any clue-giving!

Sadie had fun doing the "hands-on" activity (making a color wheel).



All the kids loved the water table (of course!) Even Macey was excited to get in on the action.

I'm not sure who loved this train table more...

I LOVED watching him play at this exhibit--I could really just sit and watch him for an hour!

Macey loved the baby dolls... I wonder what she'll get for her birthday?!?

This was my favorite picture of the day--Dr. Dad checking out the kids!


Sadie & Kinnick loved the painting exhibit. Kinnick did not try to eat the paint this time, but he did try to suck water out of the big water tray (and got paint in his hair)--I guess that's an improvement!
The third floor has been all re-done since our last visit, so we spent time making sock puppets, performing, making music, and or course dancing in the dance room!
Macey agrees--a fun time was had by all.
After the museum, we headed to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. The kids did a good job, but were getting cranky by the end. We planned to stop at McDonalds on the way home--we went to one with a play place only to realize that the play place was outdoors (my mistake!) The kids had fun anyway. We got home early... baths and pj's for the kids and Marc and enjoyed Chipotle on our own!

1 comment: