Monday, January 24, 2011

Conversations with Sadie... and Kinnick (#2)

Sadie:
  • (When getting dressed to play in the snow) "Mom, why do snow boots make your feet feel all mudgy smudgy when you put them on and you're still inside?"
  • Me--"Sadie would you like to help me make some bread?" Sadie--"Yes! What kind of bread are we making? Is it daily bread?" (As in give us this day...)
  • Overheard today at breakfast: "Macey would you like me to tell you a Bible story? When God made the world, it was a dark and empty place and then he made light to fill the space (from a story book), and then he made water and land and a sun and moon and stars and then he made flying birds and swimming fish and LOTS of animals. Isn't that a good story Macey? Macey did you know that God teaches us how to obey our parents? If we read the Bible, He tells us. These are the things you can't do Macey (as she demonstrates each on herself): hitting, biting, pulling hair, smacking, pushing, I think that's all. We have to be kind to our brothers and sisters and our friends. God teaches us how to be kind, share toys, and obey adults. Don't you want to learn those things Macey?"
Kinnick:
  • Me--"Kinnick you're being very bossy today, it's not nice to be bossy." Kinnick (with eyebrows furrowed)--"I'm not bossy, I'm Kinnick!"
  • (Outside in the garage, Kinnick points to the grill) "Daddy's Oven!"
  • Me (to Sadie)--"You're such a mini-mommy!" Kinnick smiled, so I said to him--"Are you a mini-daddy?" He thinks for a minute and responds, "No! I'm Mickey Daddy!"
  • (While changing his diaper) Me--"Do you want to take a nap?" Kinnick--"No! I don't like naps anymore." (He also tells me frequently "I don't like time-out!")
  • We were at my parents this weekend and my dad heard him (during nap time) saying "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" Later when I went in to check him I asked him why he was saying Ouch! His response--"I was touching a porcupine!"

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't help but love those kids!! It is so funny when kids are talking, expecially to themselves!! Love it, thanks for sharing!!