Monday, January 3, 2011

Cooking with Paula

I love watching the food network, but rarely turn it on. My mother-in-law had it turned on during their visit and I watched Paula Deen make these sweet potato donuts with maple icing... YUM! I've never made donuts before, but decided to give it a try! I recruited my two favorite (little) kitchen helpers and got started:

1--Peeling Sweet Potatoes: 2--Adding Other Ingredients:
3--Kneading the Dough:
4--Cutting out the Donuts:
5--The Finished Product:
6--Enjoying our Hard Work:
Note: I've never really fried anything before so the first donuts I put in were burnt to a crisp. I found that keeping the heat just above medium did the trick. My friend Jennifer also said that if you stick a wooden spoon in the hot oil and it bubbles, then it's ready... good to know! And by the way--they were DELICIOUS!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Finally got a chance to catch up on all your Christmas posts. Loved all the new pictures and activities you have done with your kids. I am always amazed at how many fun things you do with them! Hoping we can try the sweet potato doughnuts soon.