Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Creative Play

Over the years I can pick a few toys that we have bought the kids that have been well worth the money (Macey's doll house is a HUGE hit); however, I can honestly say that some of the things my kids like to play with the most are things that I didn't buy as toys... they like REAL stuff to play with!  They spend hours playing with some of these things--things you probably have laying around your house.  Here are a few of my kids favorite make-believe activities:
 
 
Baby Doll Accessories: 
I went through baby tubs and picked out some stuff for the kids to have:  diaper bag, toys, toothbrush, hairbrush, socks, bottle, wipes, bib, onesie, burp rag, powder/shampoo
 Dr. Kit
I saved old medicine bottles, spoons, band aid boxes (and a few real ones!), cotton balls, q-tips.. Aunt Nee Nee contributed some plastic gloves, face masks, syringes, and gauze wrap
 Mini Mom
I gave the girls an old purse, wallet, cell phone, compact, sunglasses w/ case, and saved some old gift cards

Grocery Store
I saved LOTS of boxes & containers (hard containers are the best), added some coupons, shopping bags, and money
 Gift Wrapping Station
This is Sadie's favorite--I save old gift bags, bows, cards, and wrapping paper--she spends HOURS wrapping up gifts to throw parties or showers!
 Office Supplies
Grandma  Sue made a BIG contribution to this... old notebooks, cards, envelopes, address labels, stickers, pens, etc.  I keep this put up so Sadie has to ask for it.  When she gets it out it entertains for HOURS!
 Gardening Supplies
The kids love to help garden (even if it's not in a real garden!)  I found these little tools at Target Dollar Spot and Marc picked up the mini-gloves at Ace.  We also have little water cans, shovel, and rake.

No comments: