Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Thankful List...

I loved reading every one's daily "thankful posts" on facebook... I didn't participate but did decide to make my own list here. 25 things I am thankful for:


  1. I of course must start with my AMAZING husband... he cooks, he does laundry, and I adore watching him play with our kids!


  2. My 3 "full-of-it" children are a close 2nd. They make me laugh, they make me cry, they make me a better person.


  3. Thankful for ALL my extended family... I have some pretty amazing parents, siblings, in-laws, nieces & nephews.


  4. Beyond thankful for my friends... old and new, near and far--I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful support system to laugh and cry with.


  5. Thankful for our current church home... The Village Christian Church is an amazing place filled with wonderful people. They do church in a really great way.


  6. Thankful for the wonderful generosity of people in our life... sharing their house when we needed a home.


  7. Thankful for God's timing... it's always hard to see the "bigger picture" in the midst of everyday life, but His plan is ALWAYS best!


  8. Thankful for little conveniences that I often take for granted... garbage disposal, automatic ice maker, garbage pick-up, home mail delivery...


  9. Thankful for INTERNET!


  10. Thankful for a warm place to live when it's so cold outside.


  11. Thankful that God is still teaching me every day... more patience, more kindness, more generosity...


  12. Thankful for the ability to run, play with my kids, dance, ride a bike, swim, and much more.


  13. Thankful that I love to cook. It's so fun to try a new recipe, make a yummy dessert just to enjoy, or spend time in the kitchen with my kids.


  14. Thankful for books! Love reading to my kids, love reading to learn, love reading for pleasure, love going to the library, love browsing a huge bookstore.


  15. Thankful for my camera. So glad we have a way to capture every day moments-big and small so we can relive them again and again.


  16. Thankful that our family has two vehicles to drive.


  17. Thankful for a closet full of clothes, shoes, and lots of fun accessories.


  18. Thankful for my education. So glad I chose teaching as a career!


  19. Thankful for this season of life--staying home with my family has taught me so much and allowed me so many wonderful opportunities.


  20. Thankful for Ms. Pearl's. God really knew what He was doing when He brought me here almost 10 years ago. I love having the opportunity to be a part of something so much bigger than me.


  21. Thankful for the different "mom" groups I have been able to be a party of. It's so powerful to receive encouragement from other moms.


  22. Thankful for all the ways God is challenging me and growing me... studying His word, small group, book studies, biblical teaching...


  23. Thankful for all the people in my life who have adopted or are in the process of adopting.


  24. Thankful for worship music.


  25. Thankful for a God who is SO BIG... yet cares for me.

No comments: