Saturday, July 24, 2010

Macey--5 Months

Macey's biggest "firsts" this past month were finding her feet and laughing! I have been waiting so long to hear her laugh and she's been pretty stingy with it. Although she smiles all the time and "talks" to us, I have only been able to get two small laughs out of her... she must think we're crazy! She's working on sitting up, but she still topples over very easily.
Now that she found her feet, she loves to chew on them any time she's laying down--I love it!

She has pretty much given up on her paci and prefers to suck her fingers/thumb/fist when she is sleeping.
She LOVES water--the bathtub and the pool! We've been doing lots of swimming!
For me the biggest accomplishment of this month has been... Macey is sleeping through the night, again. She was doing very good during the month of May and then when school got out she started waking up again and wanting to eat. It was easier for me to deal with because I did not have to get up as early in the mornings. We did a lot of traveling/sleeping in different places in June and the beginning of July so I kept thinking that may be it. When we were finally home, she continued waking up, so I bought some baby cereal to see if starting some solids would help. Before I started the cereal I thought I would move her out of our room as a last attempt... That was 6 nights ago and not a peep since! Apparently she just wanted her own space. She's actually started sleeping until 7 or 8 in the morning which was better than I ever hoped for! For now we're holding off on the food a bit longer.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

She's adorable!

Jenn said...

Yeah for extra sleep for the mamma! Our babies are growing fast!