Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Planting Flowers

Because of all the rain (and our busy schedule) we didn't get around to planting flowers until mid-June (and I actually planted some more yesterday!) Sadie had really been looking forward to going to the nursery to pick out flowers and to helping plant them. We had a good day being outside together. Macey even joined the fun watching from her chair!

Marc bought these Dora gardening gloves for Sadie on one of their Ace Hardware runs.

Kinnick loves any kind of yard work (or cleaning) tools--he loves to be a helper! (And he did get a haircut about an hour after this picture was taken!)

Kinnick loves to follow Marc--they cleared all of the weeds out of my flower bed so Sadie and I could plant flowers.
My favorite story from this day is one of the boy/girl differences I've seen in the kids so far... I found a worm while we were planting. I told Sadie to come see it. She wrinkled her nose and refused to touch it-even with gloves on. Kinnick came over to see what I was showing her. He grabbed the worm and immediately tried to eat it! (Not to be out-done, Sadie grabbed the worm from Kinnick and said "I can touch it too!")

No comments: