Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taco Pie

We tried a new recipe from "Light and Tasty" on Sunday... it was pretty good. It's kind of a twist on taco ring, but I liked it better!
  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • taco seasoning
  • onion
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 c. shredded cheddar
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • Doritos
  • lettuce & tomatoes

Brown hamburger w/ onions (I used dried) and taco seasoning. Add beans and 1/2 c. cheddar, stir together. In a 9x13 pan, roll out crescent rolls--they should cover the bottom and make an edge around the pan. Spread hamburger mixture over crescent rolls, top with remaining cheddar. Spread sour cream over top and top with crunched Doritos. Bake @ 375 for about 20 minutes. When it comes at of the oven top with lettuce and tomatoes. (I made this in an 8x8 pan w/ 1 can of crescent rolls, 1 lb. hamburger, 1/2 can beans, and less cheese & sour cream.) I also whipped up some guacamole to serve on the side (2 avocados, 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, 3 garlic cloves, and 2 T. lemon juice--mix in a food processor!)--very yummy!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

This is a Kuhlig tradition meal! Matthew's mom always makes it but you have added some really yummy extra ingredients, I will try them the next time I make it! I never thought about black beans or Dorito's! My fam will love them. The one piece of advice I can give you is that I have found sometimes the cresant rolls are not done so I put the crust in a bit before to help that problem. I can't handle them being soft at all! Thanks for the new rendition on an old fav in this fam!

Stephanie said...

Sounds yummy... I've never put cream cheese in my guacamole, but I love cream cheese and I love avocado-can't go wrong :) Hannah likes avocado too :)