Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I had a WONDERFUL mother's day with my two precious kiddos and my amazing husband. Here are some bits and pieces from my day:
  • I had some snuggle time with Kinnick in bed before we got up. (I've been missing this time since he started sleeping later in the mornings.)
  • I enjoyed "hot chocolate milk" with Sadie.
  • I loved going outside for my "surprise"--a fire pit for us to enjoy this summer! Sadie was so excited to show me b/c she helped daddy put it together.
  • I also loved reading my picture card made by "Lil Gorsch Card Company."
  • Both kids screamed their heads off for about 5 minutes as we were trying to get out the door to go to church. (Kinnick was tired and Sadie was mad about her wardrobe choice.)
  • Sitting in church I discovered strawberry jam smudges on my necklace and I had to smile thinking about the little fingers that put it there.
  • I tried to time Kinnick's feedings so we could make it through brunch w/out him needing to eat. He started fussing the minute I sat down at the table with my plate of food...
  • Sadie charmed a waiter (not even our waiter) into getting her a refill of juice while I had my back turned.
  • Sadie and Carson played "King of the Hill" on a chair after we finished eating.
  • I think I made about 5 trips to the bathroom with different kids before, during, and after brunch.
  • We went for a hike and Sadie pretty much did the entire trail by herself. She ran ahead of us the whole time and I LOVE watching her run!
  • Sadie got to pet lots of different dogs--she had so much fun. My two favorite puppy encounters were watching her shake hands with a golden retriever and watching her pet two little poodles. As the poodles walked away she yelled, "Bye puppies, Bye Lily, Bye other dog."
  • I got to take a nap when we got home.
  • Sadie and I went for a bike ride to Wal-Greens to pick up pictures and buy licorice.
  • We went on a family walk to end the day... We didn't even make it a block away from our house when Sadie requested to go home b/c she wanted to go to bed.
I feel so blessed by the family God has given me!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great day- I'm so glad!!