Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I know I'm a week late, but I wanted to share some pics from Memorial Day weekend... We had a great few days with lots of activities!

We stared Friday night with the Streator Carnival. We always have a carnival a few different weekends each year but this is the first time Sadie was really big enough to go. We went with some friends from our small group--the girls had a blast while Kinnick and his buddy Eddie hung out in the double stroller... Sadie was able to do several different ride including her first roller coaster! She was a little hesitant, but also excited. She also played her first carnival game with her dad resulting in a $5 fake flower.

I took Sadie down this bouncy slide--I wasn't sure if she'd be able to climb it by herself, but I was wrong. It went really fast and as soon as we hit the bottom Sadie yelled "Again!" We got to go twice and then the carnival worker let her take Maddie's 2nd turn b/c she didn't want to go again. The third time up Sadie said, "No Mommy, I not sit with you. I go by myself!" I asked if I could hold her hand and she wasn't thrilled about that idea, but she let me. That's our little "Miss Independent!"

The last "ride" we let the girls go on was the bouncy house and they LOVED it! We laughed hysterically watching the carnival lady try to wrestle Sadie out when her turn was over. Sadie was giggling and running away. Luckily the woman thought she was pretty cute and said that she was used to wrestling kids out.

Andy and Lindsey came for the weekend. On Saturday Lindsey and I took both kids to Sarah W.'s baby shower and the guys went golfing. That night our neighbor had a Luau. I wish I had pictures b/c she bought grass skirts for all the little girls and Kinnick looked way cute in his little Hawaiian skirt (which I happened to pick up last year on clearance!)
Sunday after church we went to Cracker Barrel for brunch then went for a hike at Starved Rock. The park was PACKED and MUDDY. After driving around for probably 10 minutes we finally got a parking spot and then maneuvered our way through the muddy parking lot. We had a good time. Wrigley and Oliver had a blast--they were both very tired and very dirty at the end.


"Lover's Leap"

Enjoying some ice cream on the way home!

Sunday night we had some of our friends over for a cookout. It was great weather! The kids had a blast playing and Sadie decided to eat sand--twice!


We also got to try out our new fire pit. We loved having smores then putting the kids to bed for a relaxing evening... Great weekend!

No comments: