Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kindergarten Sayings...

It's pretty much a guarantee that I'm laughing at something everyday in Kindergarten... I guess that helps relieve some of the stress that comes with the job. These are some of my favorite sayings from this year... I've tried to jot things down that I find especially funny!

  • We did a study on Antarctica and students were listing winter clothing... "Don't forget your ear muffins!"
  • As we were listing the seven continents a very excited hand popped up "Europe rhymes with syrup!" "Yes, yes it does..."
  • When we studied Abraham Lincoln, we talked about how he worked in a general store. I compared it to a grocery store. Later as we listed facts about Lincoln, one student said "He worked at Kroger."
  • Overheard one student saying to another--"My mom makes us drink soda, buy my dad really likes to drink beard."
  • Each day we do "Daily Fix-its" to practice sentence conventions. The students really like doing these--one day a student was begging me to do "Daisy fix-its."
  • Overheard a conversation between two students--"Hey, you know that big boat the Titanic? The one in the movie? My Mom told me that it's really for real and it really crashed!"
  • My favorite responses to the question-What would you do if the cat in the hat came to visit your house? "I would punch him." "I would take him to watch Monster Jams." (I loved these responses b/c they matched their little personalities perfectly!)
  • A recent conversation with a student in regards to the swine flue... "Mrs. Gorsch my Mom told me something VERY important last night." "What's that?" "If someone coughs on me I could die!"

I could go on, but I will spare you the alternate meanings of corn dogs, chicken nuggets, and donkey kong... Never a dull moment!

4 comments:

Smith Family Blog said...

Hilarious!

Jenn said...

Glad you shared. This was so funny. Can't wait to see you Friday night.

Bethany said...

These little one's are really funny!

Stephanie said...

cute-you'll be glad you wrote these down :)