Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sweet Words from my Little Girl

I love listening to the things that Sadie says... She's talking a lot now, but she's still learning so many new things every day. It's fun to listen as her thoughts become words (and to imagine just what is going on in her little head!

Sometimes her words just make me laugh...
  • Last night as she was laying in bed, we could hear her talking, singing, and laughing. After awhile, she started yelling "Stina, Stina... come in here. Daddy's home! Carson and Megan are here!" I guess she was having a party in her room.
  • As she was playing with Kinnick I heard her say "Pologize Buba!" Hmmm... I wonder what he had to apologize for?
  • I love when I hear her scolding her baby dolls. "Don't do that Emmy! Emmy, listen & obey. Mommy, Emma not listen, she have time-out."
  • Last weekend she came running out of two different public bathrooms (Sears & Applebees) and proudly announced "I go pee!" to anyone right outside.
  • When she doesn't need to go to the bathroom, she tells me "My pee's all out."
Sometimes her words make me proud...
  • "Daddy, put your seat belt on so you will be safe." (She knows that the beeping sound means Daddy's seat belt isn't on!)
  • I love hearing her read stories to herself or especially to her brother. "Buba, let's count." (As she takes his little hand and touches it to the pictures.) Reading her David & Goliath book... "David got that giant. Yeah David!" (clapping) "David trusted God."
  • "Mommy, I will take good care of Buba today." (As I drop them off at Jennifer's.)
  • "I help myself, Mommy." (She says this one ALL the time!)
  • When she goes potty--"I so proud of myself!"
And sometimes her words just melt my heart...
  • Completely unprompted during dinner... "Thank you Daddy/Mommy for making dinner for me."
  • "I will marry daddy." Marc asked her if there is anyone else she wants to marry... "I want to marry Jesus."
  • "It's okay buba." (As he's crying.) "You're my brother and I love you."