Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sadie's First Big Fall


Sadie experienced her first big scrapes of--well, her lifetime, this week! On Tuesday, she fell while she was playing outside at the baby sitters. I was sad that I wasn't there to wipe her tears, but she didn't cry for too long... She scraped up the right side of her face and her right leg. Her fall was due to the fact that she's walking 90% of the time, but she's super wobbly and she's "Little Miss Independant"!
She's definitely an outside girl! When I drop her off in the morning, she's already asking to go outside before I'm out the door. When we get home in the afternoon, she cries because we have to go inside so I can change clothes. Usually while I'm changing, she gets herself to a window and looks outside. She also toddels to the kitchen door and stands reaching for outside until someone agrees to take her! She loves going for wagon rides, blowing bubbles, and walking to the park. At the park we always have to do the swings, slide, and all 4 of the bouncy animals! Luckily the park is only a block from our house. When she gets a little bigger, there is another park with lots of climbing equipment (climbing is another favorite at this point!) We have yet to take any family walks to the ice cream shop this year, but I'm sure this will be a frequent favorite during the upcoming summer!

2 comments:

Andy said...

I think it was actually Marc that wasn't being nice to her. Take care of my Sadie Bug!

Smith Family Blog said...

Ouchie! That looks like it hurt!