Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

November 28:  It's hard to compete with Christmas as far as popularity goes, but I would have to say Thanksgiving is a close second for me.  I love that my kids get the whole wee off from school.  I love preparing food and letting the kids help.  I love menu-planning and cooking with Marc.  I love setting the table.  I love Thanksgiving morning--we eat cinnamon rolls, look at Black Friday ads, and watch the parades while enjoying  a warm fire.  Of course I love sitting down to enjoy our ginormous feast.  And I love setting in for movies and games all afternoon once the table is cleared.  We have to enjoy our dessert later in the day because we are all so stuffed from our feast! 

For the last several years we have hosted on Thanksgiving day and we LOVE it.  We've had friends and family, a different mixture of people each year.  There is something so special about gathering around the table with people you love.  This year we were joined by Marc's parents and sister and also by our friends Sarah & Eli.  We were also honored to have sweet baby Callen for his first Thanksgiving and his Grandma Laurie.
  
Sadie made pumpkin pie.

Macey helped make the rolls--she was so proud of herself!

Marc and I were able to sneak out on Wednesday night for a late movie (Mockingjay--Part1).


Sadie made these turkey place cards for all of our guests... including 1 week old baby Callen.



Chuck, Janet, and Stephanie came for 3 nights.


Carver LOVES grandma's chocolate pie, just like his dad!

What Thanksgiving day is complete with some dominoes!

No comments: