Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mommy Smiles

If you're a mom then I'm SURE you know what I'm talking about... those moments when you can feel yourself smiling so big, then you realize that although the smile is probably showing on your face it is coming from your heart.  Sometimes no-one is around to see it.  Often (if you're anything like me) you find yourself trying to fight the tears of joy that you know are coming.  Mommy smiles are one of the (very) few perks of motherhood that you don't have to share with anyone (nor could you because people-including your husband-would often think you were crazy!)

These are some things that make my mommy heart smile:

  • Listening to my children pray
  • Listening to my children sing--especially songs about God
  • Watching my children dance--spinning, hands lifted, unabandoned 
  • Overhearing my children talk as they are playing together
  • Knowing my 3-year old is in his room by himself, yet it sounds like he is having a party
  • Watching my brave 5-year old make friends on the playground
  • Witnessing unprompted acts of kindness
  • Watching my 2-year old care for baby dolls the way only a future mommy can
  • Seeing my children love and protect each in other in a way that I couldn't possible teach them
Being a mom is far from easy... but the rewards can't be measured!  What makes your mommy heart smile?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Watching them sleep or hold hands or play together... yep, I know exactly what you mean :)