Monday, February 21, 2011

Macey's 1st Birthday Party!

We had such a fabulous party with family and friends... Macey was so happy throughout the whole party--she really is a sweetheart! (That's why we had a "heart" themed party!)

The cake!! This was my 2nd attempt at using fondant. I was pretty pleased (although my red icing was a little too dry and my hot pink icing didn't make it onto the cake because it ended up looking orange...)


For take-home favors, all the kids (and adults) got to fill a bag with heart shaped candy.



For lunch we had Italian Beef, mac & cheese, raspberry finger jello hearts, carrots & dip, chips & dip, deviled eggs, pasta salad, and strawberries with pink dip...

Present Time!
Big Sister = Big Helper!


Kinnick and Sadie loved helping Macey open her presents!




Kinnick couldn't wait for me to put the cake down so he could grab one of the hearts!



Big brother helping show how it's done...



Macey took no time to dig in... with both hands!


Marc put a scoop of ice cream on top and she chowed it in less than a minute!



She kept eating without slowing down. I finally took it away.



Kinnick and Macey having a tea party with her new tea set.




This was such a special day for me...

Biggest Surprise: I didn't have any "sad" feelings. Even though this could be my last first birthday party, I really treasured the time and rejoiced with my special little girl. I really thought I would be sad, but this day was much less emotional than K's first birthday!



Special Moment: Macey took 5 steps to her Aunt Jessica (from her Aunt Kassie)--she's been working on taking some steps, but this is the most for her so far!!



Favorite Memory: I LOVED watching her eat her cake--the pink icing face was so precious. I also adored watching her big brother and sister "help" her enjoy her big day.

4 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Looks awesome -- especially the cake! All of the kiddos look cute and Miss Macey looks like she had a blast! :-)

Smith Family Blog said...

So sweet!
Glad to hear their were not sad emotions!

Smith Family Blog said...

Oops- I mean THERE were NO sad emotions. lol

Jenn said...

Your cake turned out great!! Hope Grace's cake Friday will turn out I'm having trouble having our "ideas" come together!