Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kinnick--2 Years

I must admit... the last 6-8 months have been one of my favorite times of Kinnick's life (so far!) I am loving watching him transform from a toddler to a pre-schooler. The change from being non-verbal to a little communicating person is so fascinating to me! Although he still gets frustrated one I don't understand him, he loves talking to me (and I love listening!) Here's an update on my little man...

Achievements:
  • Can say his alphabet (singing it)
  • Can count to 10 (1-6 consistently, 7-10 occasionally)
  • Knows his shapes (heart, star, circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, rhombus)
  • Working on his colors (He always gets blue and green right)
  • Has an AMAZING vocabulary (from all the books he loves to read!)
Things I love:
  • I love the way my kisses make everything better!
  • I love the way he asks me to lay with him every night at bedtime (even if it only lasts a minute before he says "Go out Mommy.")
  • I love the way he is so quick to be my helper. When I ask Sadie to do something I'm usually in the early stages of battling it out with her and Kinnick has it done!
  • I adore his sweet little voice--especially when he's talking to Macey.
  • I love the serious look on his face when he's trying to tell me something and I'm not understanding.
  • Juding from the above picture... what's not to love?
This child is ALL BOY! He loves to jump... leap actually, run, wrestle, get dirty, play with trucks, throw balls, make messes... and I love keeping up with him!
I love watching him with Macey... he is such a sweet big brother! He gets concerned whenever she is crying. He loves to play with her and read to her. He loves to greet her when she wakes up in the morning or from nap--he says "Hi little punkin!" (just like I do).

Likewise, he has such a sweet relationship with Sadie. They play very well together--her being the leader (aka-boss) and him being the little follower. He loves to imitate her and play in her room. He enjoys playing games with her, blocks, reading books, and playing dress-up.

Kinnick's favorites:
  • Favorite Book: Anything "I Spy"
  • Favorite Food: Macaroni & Cheese and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
  • Favorite Toys: Trucks & Blocks
  • Favorite T.V. Show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Dora
  • Favorite Activity: Reading, Baking with Mommy, & Play-Doh
  • Favorite Song: ABC's
  • Favorite Animal: Dinosaurs & Dragons
This picture was one day at lunch time... he was crying because he did not want to put his book down to eat! I LOVE it!!

3 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

I love our little 2-year olds! So fun that our kids are the same age. :-)

Smith Family Blog said...

My blogging and blog-reading lately have been pathetic... so I can't believe how big your kids are getting! It makes me so sad that we can't see you guys more often!!!

Stephanie said...

He is so cute :) I'm excited to have a boy too :)