Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kinnick--15 Months

I can't believe how big my baby boy is getting! Kinnick was 15 months old the end of February. At his 15-mo. checkup he weighed 22 lbs --15 % and was in the 8 % for his height. He seems so chunky to me, but I guess he's still pretty little! Kinnick has grown and changed SO much during the last several months! These are some of my favorite things about my little man:
  • I LOVE getting Kinnick up from his nap or in the morning. He bounces up and down as soon as I open his door. When I pick him up, he immediately snuggles his head onto my shoulder--I adore this! He continues to be an excellent sleeper. Marc and I joke that he really likes his sleep.
  • Kinnick is so independent. He can play for a very long time by himself. This has really helped with Sadie too, because she will often join him.
  • I LOVE his excitement for all the little things. When I say bath time, he runs to the bathroom. When I say time to eat, he runs to his seat. When I say time to go bye-bye, he runs to get his coat. He is a do-er. He's always busy.
  • I LOVE watching him play with Wrigley. He wrestles him and lets Wrigley lick his face and he typically laughs and laughs.
  • I LOVE the way his hair curls in the back when he gets out of the bathtub.
  • I LOVE his chubby cheeked, toothy grin...
Kinnick had NO teeth until he was 13 months old. In the last 8 weeks, he has had his front 8 teeth pop in!
Kinnick experienced a few new firsts...
He moved to a BIG boy car seat...
And had his first taste of cow's milk. He stopped nursing at 13 months.
Kinnick is also learning many new things:
  • He signs MORE, PLEASE, and ALL DONE. We've been working on some others, but he pretty much signs "please" for anything he wants to tell me!
  • Words: dada, mama, hi, bye, dog, sissy, thank-you, yeah, and UMMM!
    A lot of his words are hard to understand. For yeah, he says ah! and for bye he says Da. He loves to tell people bye any time we are leaving. He recently started "praying". When I say time to pray, he folds his hands and starts with "thank-you" and then mumbles a bit and smiles at me.
  • He can point to his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, head, hair, hands, feet, and tummy.
  • He has recently let me start reading to him (more than 1 page before he runs away!) One of his favorite books is The Very Hungry Caterpillar--he likes to stick his finger in the little holes.
Some of Kinnick's "FAVORITES":

He LOVES to brush his teeth!

He enjoys playing with his sister's baby dolls. He often pushes them around in her strollers. (He also enjoys his real baby sister!)

He loves ALL things BOY! HE enjoys his tool bench--especially the hammer. He loves his big trucks and Sadie's matchbox cars. He makes vroom noises as he pushes them around. He enjoys his lawn mower and he loves any and all kinds of balls! Another favorite toy is his ball popper. He likes to chase the balls when they fly out.

Back to the "girly" play things. He loves to put on his sister's hats.

He loves bath time... He enjoys taking baths with Sadie and by himself. He loves to dip his face in the water. He has a little basketball hoop that he really enjoys playing with. Sadie loves it when we give him "rock star" hair.
Kinnick also enjoys looking out the window. He can stand there for quite some time just taking it all in!

5 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Love him! Can't wait for Hannah and Kinnick to play together next weekend!

Stephanie said...

Cute-loved hearing about Kinnick :)

pckoch said...

I love the way that you are creating such wonderful memories about your children on your blog. They will be cherished for years to come-plus this great aunt loves reading them.

indymommy said...

Wow he is getting big! Micah has that same toolbench! He loves it too although the power tools can get kinda loud! :) Can't wait to see you this weekend!

The Behymer's said...

Very cute. Sounds a lot like Alex with the boy things he likes to do.