Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grateful

I am so thankful for the life God has blessed me with! Here are just a few of the things I am thankful for:
  • I am thankful for waking up in the middle of the night (or very early in the morning) to feed my baby because I know that she is healthy and growing.
  • I am thankful for snow on our driveway because I can see 4 sets of footprints (all in different sizes) leading to our garage.
  • I am thankful for letting my dog outside and cleaning off his paws when it's muddy because my children have a furry friend who they adore.
  • I am thankful for little hand prints on the TV screen or my curio cabinet because I have little people in my house who love to explore.
  • I am thankful for a floor scattered with toys because my kids love to play and laugh and have fun together.
  • I am thankful for an almost 3-year old little girl who can be very sassy and disrespectful at times because I know that she is learning to voice her opinion, stand up for herself, and ultimately how to be obedient to her parents.
  • I am thankful for a sometimes clingy, whiny, 1-year old boy who wants to be held because I know that he loves his mommy.
  • I am thankful for runny noses, coughs, and new teeth because they are usually accompanied by extra snuggles.
  • I am thankful for 19 needy, rambunctious, (sometimes ungrateful) Kindergarten students because it allows me to serve God by doing something I LOVE.
  • I am thankful for sticky, messy suckers because they make the best bribes...

Challenge: Make a grateful list today--you'll be glad you did!

No comments: