Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Sadie!

We had such a great day celebrating Sadie's 3rd birthday... I can't believe she is 3 years old (or that we now have 3 kids!) Time flies..

We got Kinnick up first so he could go with us to sing to the birthday princess--here he is checking out her birthday present.

After Sadie went to sleep, we filled her room with pink balloons to surprise her when she woke up. We went in together to wake her up by singing "Happy Birthday!"

She was beyond excited for her "big girl" bike! She loved riding it in the living room and couldn't wait to take it outside. She was a big fan of the matching helmet and her little pink water bottle.

I had planned to make pancakes, but we had a bit of a cake fiasco--I had to bake cake #3, so Sadie went with her dad to pick out donuts for us to enjoy. Sadie liked having a candle on her donut!
This was the "barbie cake" that we ended up with... I was a bit tired of making cakes, but Sadie was thrilled with this!

We went to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch to celebrate with several of Sadie's friends and then came home for a birthday dinner cookout and barbie cake.

We had a great day... not I just need to hire a personal photographer for all big events because with three kids to keep track of, I have a much harder time capturing pictures!

This is Sadie's new Fancy Nancy dress from her friend Mikenna. She got lots of fun things including her favorite--make-up! (Already?!?!?)

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I have a hunch that Belle and Sadie would be life long BFF's! She loves Fancy Nancy and make-up too! I was also shocked about that too! It looks like you guys had such a fun time!! I can hardly believe that she is 3! You have beautiful kiddos!

Stephanie said...

Love all the pics :) and hearing all the stories... fun to see what we have to look forward to :)

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sadie! So glad you had a good day with her. I can't believe she is 3!!! I still remember you calling me the day she was born.

Jenn said...

Grace keeps saying, "My friend Sadie just turned 3," since we talked about her birthday coming up when we visited. I will have to show her the pics.