Sunday, January 24, 2010

8 Month Belly

I'm posting a week late but this picture was taken last Sunday when I was exactly one month from my due date! In the last few weeks, I will have to admit that I've become more uncomfortable. I'm having lots of cramps and starting to feel lots of pressure. People keep asking me if I think the baby is coming early--my gut instict is that it will be the week of my due date (before or after!) At my apointment on Tuesday I was 2 cm, but that really doesn't tell me much because I was the same with Kinnick.

I don't know when the baby is coming, but I do know:
  • This baby feels like it is going to pop out of my stomach! I can feel his/her little feet and little bottom pushing in and out all the time.
  • I've been SUPER emotional (Marc would probably say this is an understatement!) I've cried tears of pain, tears of joy, tears of frustration, tears of anger, tears of excitement, tears of exhaustion... basically I cry A LOT. (Just an example, yesterday I was changing the toilet paper and dropped a brand new roll in the toliet--I cried.)
  • I've been completely overwhelemed when I think about our growing family and I've experienced times of amazing peace.
  • I feel that after making it through the craziness of the Holidays, I've been able to achieve a lot more balance in my life. Granted, this will all change again, but I'll work through it!
  • I am feeling very prepared at school... I have my next three weeks planned out with all of my materials prepared and organized. I have 7 weeks of maternity plans outlined with a lot of the materials already prepped. I've met with my sub a few times and she plans to join us for two 1/2 days next week.
  • Home on the other hand, feels a bit more unprepared. Today included major cleaning of the upstairs. I still need to work downstairs, freeze a few meals, wash up some boy and girl baby stuff, clean the carseat, pack my suitcase... Marc keeps assuring me if we don't get it all done, the baby will be fine. We already have a gigantic box of diapers and a place for the baby to sleep, so I guess that covers the basics.
Boy or Girl? Marc and I both had the day off last Monday so we had a date day and picked out a "coming home" outfit and a baby book. Sadie keeps assuring me that the baby is a boy and I can have the boy outfit. However, the baby in her tummy is a girl, so she will take the girl outfit... I'm super excited to find out! Marc and I are both thinking boy, but maybe that's because we still don't have a girl's name.

My sister-in-law got me this new sling for my birthday. I'm very excited to use it with the new baby. Kinnick has been enjoying it so far. Sometimes when I'm working in the kitchen, he just wants to be right with me, so it works well.

Sadie loves to feel the baby kicking and to give her/him hugs and kisses!

4 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

You look amazing! Love your hair -- love all your outfits -- love you!! We'll be thinking and praying lots for you all. I can't wait to meet the newest member of the Gorsch family! We love you guys lots!

Lindsay said...

YOu look gorgeous! I'm pretty sure my belly is as big as yours and I'm two months behind you!! I wish I could be there to meet the little guy/girl when he/she arrives!!! I love you!

cscmamareed said...

You do look amazing! Some people just carry babies really well I guess, I look like a house.
Can't wait to hear the news of your newest little one!! It's always an exciting time!!!

Laura said...

I happened upon your blog using the "next blog" feature and just had to comment. When I learned your son's name, I had to continue reading to see if there was an Iowa Hawkeye connection...and there is! My husband and I are both from Iowa, but we live in Palatine, IL (not sure where you are located in relation to that, as I think you are in IL also?) but I had to mention that it's nice to see other Hawkeye fans in the bloggy world.

Best of luck as you wait for your next baby to join you. How old are your other kiddos? You are sure going to have your hands full, but it will be super great. I have 3 also and it's a blast. My oldest, Avery just turned 6, Alivia will be 3 in March and Connor is almost 15 months...it's busy and stressful and lovely all at the same time:-)