Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tennessee Vacation

The week after Christmas we went to TN with my family. I was very excited about this vacation because I needed a chance to be away from my house (and school) to relax and enjoy my kids (and husband!) I was also thankful for this opportunity because we've come to the realization that traveling this summer will be even harder! On the way to TN we stopped at my sister Jessica's new house--we met up with Jason & Trista and my parents here. We had our family Christmas then continued on to TN.


These are some memorable moments from our trip:
  • 16 plus hours in a PACKED car with the kids--they really did great (for the most part). We packed lots of fun new activities and of course lots of snacks!
  • Watching the 4 cousins run around and play together... they were a bit crazy at times, but they had so much fun!
  • Warmer Weather! It was great to not be freezing the moment we walked out the door--a nice change from IL weather!
  • Lots of swimming and Jacuzzi baths
  • Just before dinner on our first night Sadie decided to take a "drink" from a bottle of cinnamon. She set the bottle down and was choking for air. She cried for over an hour after this happened--it was pretty scary!
  • Sadie loved sleeping in a big bed (twin size). She slept in my parents condo with Kassie several nights. One night her and Jadyn slept in our condo in the bedroom together. When I peeked in in the morning, they were in the same bed (I wish I had a picture!)
  • Sadie and Jaren got matching laptop computers and they loved carrying them around and playing on them together--they're getting so big!
  • Sadie had her first pony ride. The kids looked cute in their little riding helmets. During Sadie's ride, she let go and started to lift her hands up. I said "What are you doing? Hold on!" She started laughing and said "I was not holding on Mommy!" That's our little daredevil.
  • Kinnick's 1st tooth popped up on our first day in TN.
  • Lots of games with the kids... Uno Moo was a favorite, along with Slamwich (Jadyn's new game--super fun!) and adults... dominoes, Apples to Apples
  • Marc and I went to the movie "Old Dogs" and laughed so hard through the entire movie--very funny!
  • We spent New Year's Eve playing games and eating lots of good food...

Jadyn, Kinnick, Jaren, & Sadie in their matching p.j.'s


Kinnick enjoying his breakfast at Aunt Jessica's house

Jaren with his new "Don't Break the Ice Game"

Kinnick's new riding toy from Grandpa and Grandma--this was a big hit with him as well as Sadie & Kinnick!
Sadie wrapped in her new princess snuggie playing with her new laptop--she loved them both!

Kinnick slept in our bathroom and liked to come in bed with us in the morning to snuggle.

Sadie getting ready for her pony ride--she seemed a bit nervous at 1st, but was excited once the lady brought the ponies out.

Jaren & Sadie

What a Big girl!

Kinnick got to sit on the pony with Sadie at the end of her ride. When we left she said, "Mom, next time we ride ponies, I will let Kinnick ride with me because he will be a big boy!"

Sadie & Jaren working on their laptops

Sadie, Jadyn, & Jaren

Sadie loves to take pictures with my camera--she snapped this one of her dad!

My Aunt Jan and cousin Sarah from GA came for the week also. This is Sarah's little girl, Leslie-she is just a couple months older than Kinnick. We were playing games and they found their little chairs on the floor and were sitting together.

Aunt Trista bought special sodas--Sadie was a BIG fan!

Swimming in the pool

Both kids love going swimming--I think this summer will be very fun!

Sadie LOVED taking "coozi baths". I didn't get any pictures of them with Jadyn and Jaren, but they loved going in together!

Grandpa & Grandma Henry with Sadie & Kinnick right before we left...

This was right outside of our condo. Sadie still talks about staying in the condo and going on vacation. She had a great time. It was a very relaxing week!

2 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Loved getting caught up on your Christmas break. You are a blogging queen this weekend! Talk to you soon!

Jenn said...

I have been trying to catch up with blogging too. I want to be as "up to date" as possible when the baby decides to come. I have a doctor appointment today-hope your feeling good. Excited to see how close together our kiddos will be born...