Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sledding

We took the kids sledding with Kinnick's new sled. This was not only Kinnick's 1st time sledding, but Sadie's also. We played in the yard for awhile first then headed to one of Streator's big sledding hills.


Sadie liked pulling her brother in the sled.

Kinnick took three trips down the hill (we only took him 1/2 way up).


Sadie took about 5 trips down the hill. The snow was pretty packed down and slick, so she went pretty fast and loved it! Every time she would laugh and say "I like to go fast!"

When we got home, Kinnick and Marc went inside to make hot chocolate and I stayed out awhile longer with Sadie--I showed her how to make snow angels.

We also used her "Sno-Crayon" to write in the snow. She had a blast!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

This looks like so much fun!!! Wish we had some snow, but I am sure we will soon!!! What was the crayon, did you guys make it, I bet Belle would love that!!

Kristina said...

The sno-crayon was bought, but I've heard of the idea using a spray bottle and colored water--it just wouldn't be as easy to write words...