Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sadie's Room

Sadie switched to a toddler bed about 2 months before Kinnick was born, however she was still in the nursery. In February, we did the big room switch... moving Kinnick into the nursery (from a bassinet in our room) and Sadie downstairs to her "big girl" room. I was pretty nervous about having her on a different level than us, but it has worked out really well. She LOVED playing in her room--by herself, with Kinnick, with Wrigley, and with friends! We've been working on finishing touches for awhile now and I finally got around to taking pictures of both of their rooms!
We were able to keep her nursery bedding for her toddler bed. Same curtains and rug, but we added a few new things!

Sadie is pretty picking about how her toys are put away--they have to be in the correct bin. I wonder why she is like that?

We got this dresser from my parents. I added "pink princess" knobs to make it a bit more girlie!

Sadie got some "big girl" toys for Christmas, so it was great to be able to put them in her room.

Sadie's door... I LOVE it!


These are the same letters we had in her nursery. Our friends Megan & Jeremy made them when she was born--I absolutely love them!

I saw this idea in a magazine and always meant to do it in her nursery. This is hanging inside her closet door. We have all of her socks, underwear, swimsuits, tights, jewelry, and HAIRBOWS in here. We also have some shoes, sheets, blankets, etc. in the bigger pockets toward the bottom.

This toy box was Marc's when he was little. Marc repainted and added the chalkboard paint to the lid. I added the flowers! Sadie has a rubbermaid container of chalk that she keeps in her toy box. She loves coloring from time to time and is very responsible with it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Love all the Uppercase Living things you have, I am assuming that is what they are! I love them and also have them all over my home! There rooms are so stinking cute!!