Monday, April 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I'm very proud of myself for two reasons (pertaining to school Valentine's):
1--I let Sadie do her own thing in regards to her box and to her Valentine cards (meaning no suggestions from me, just her own creative freedom).
2--We had her box and her cards done several days early!!
 
Sadie cannot take any kind of candy to school for valentines so I helped her search pinterest for some non-candy ideas.  She is obsessed with Oriental Trading magazine so she also searched that cover to cover.  After much debate, she decided to choose valentine yo-yo's.  We ordered the yo-yos and I helped her design valentine's on the computer and we printed them on card stock.  (She was very opinionated during this process and wanted the girl cards and boy cards to be different!)  She decorated her valentine box entirely by herself  using a shoebox and LOTS of art supplies.  I'm sad that I forgot to take her picture with it, it was quite the masterpiece!  She was so proud of it, she kept saying "The kids at school think my box is so cool.  They can't believe how much stuff I put on it."  (Sadie does not have the philosophy, less is more... with anything!) 
 


My friend Michelle and I decorated cookies for our Moppet volunteers...  (with some ideas from my sister!)

February 14:  I loved that Valentine's Day was a Friday this year.  I love Fridays :)  We started our day with heart shaped red pancakes and eggs with valentine sprinkles.



After we took Sadie to school, the 3 littles and I spent the day running errands:  post office, Wal-Mart, Michaels, and 3 stops for lunch:  Chipotle, Culver's, and McDonald's.  I asked Marc if he would come home for a Valentine lunch with me.  I let the kids eat cheeseburgers and then I got Marc his favorites--a steak burrito from Chipotle, family size cheesecurds from Culver's, and Mt. Dew (we shared!)   I also made him reeses pieces brownies.  He came home for a late lunch and stayed with the kids while I went to help with Sadie's party at school. 

 
I love to celebrate Valentine's Day as a family and I love to get the kids new books.  This year we decided to have a family Barnes and Nobel date... Marc's mom and sister joined us for the evening.  We had fun exploring books and doing some reading in the store.  (This just might become a new Valentine tradition!)   
 
Macey chose "Little Red Riding Hood", Kinnick choose a Lego Movie Activity book, and Sadie choose "Isabelle" (the newest American Girl Doll of the year.)

On our way home, we picked up heart-shaped pizzas...




 I love celebrating my favorite people!

No comments: