Thursday, April 10, 2014

Disney On Ice

January 22nd:  When Sadie was four we went with her friend Mikenna to Disney on Ice.  It was so much fun--I knew I wanted to take Macey too.  I ordered tickets for us to go together as a special Macey-Mommy date.  She got this Minnie outfit for Christmas, so she had to wear it!

The night of the show was not great weather but we braved it.  I tried to leave as early as possible but it was stressful trying to get their on time while going slow on the icy roads.  I made a mental note not to pre-order tickets for an evening event in the month of January again in the future!  We made it safely (and our drive home was much easier!).  By the time we rushed to our seats, we were about 5 minutes late--we missed part of the first song but Macey didn't mind.


During intermission I let Macey pick a souvenir and a treat.  She is always fairly decisive but it did take her awhile to choose.  She really wanted a spinner because that is what Sadie got when she came.  She told me in the car on the way that she wanted to get a lollipop so that was an easy choice!

She really loved the whole show.  She was pretty mesmerized.  She liked the "villain" song a lot and wanted to know who each character was.  Mulan was one of her favorite princesses and she also really liked Tiana.  She had never seen Mulan, so we checked that movie out from the library the next week. 

As I was talking to her on our way to the show, I realized that she thought we were going to Disney World and also that she thought she would get go ice skating!  I was worried that she might be disappointed, but she had fun even though it was not Disney World.


I loved spending time with my little girl.  She is so much fun to talk to and it is not often that I get one-on-one time with her.  I loved my date with this sweet Minnie Mouse!

No comments: