Saturday, May 11, 2013

Summer is Coming

The weather this spring seems to fluctuate from cold rainy days, to sunny 80 degree days... a consistent reminder that summer is coming!  Another reminder--Sadie started an ABC countdown to the last day of school--on Monday she will be on letter K,16 days left!  
We have all been taking advantage of the warm days...
  • The kids love to feed the heels of bread to the birds (the heels have become know in the Gorsch house as "birdie bread"!)
  • We love being able to walk Sadie to school again.  We walked almost every single day through mid-January.  The cold weather in Jan/Feb/March and the rainy days recently have left us driving many mornings.  We were excited to start walking again over the last couple weeks.
  • I LOVE being able to send the kids outside to play.  I always wondered when I would feel okay letting them play outside without being physically right with them.  I know feel fine sending them in the back yard to play.  When they want to ride bikes/play with chalk in the front I go out with them.
  • Marc got the bikes down and we have enjoyed a couple family bike rides.  We got Sadie's first bike out of the basement for Macey and she is already a pro!  The kids spend time daily riding their bikes (even sometimes in the rain!)
  • We've had fun practicing t-ball and soccer in the back yard.  Kinnick and Sadie are getting much better hitting the ball when we pitch to them.
  • We've been LOVING park time!  I will admit that I get less done in our house, but I'm loving being outside with the kids on a regular basis. 
Last week, Macey had her first "skinned knees" of this year and OH MY, you would have thought she needed to go to the emergency room.  This happened on our way to Sadie's school and I had to carry her the rest of the way there and most of the way home.  At home we had to promptly apply bandages and cream.  An hour later when I dropped her and Kinnick off at Kidz Korner (at the YMCA) she limped into the play area--the workers got a good chuckle out of that!
On "May Day" I let the kids break out their new swimsuits.  We celebrated the hot weather with our first Popsicles and water play of the year.  I will admit--after experiencing a few days in the low 80's, I'm thankful that my pregnancy will not last all summer!

No comments: