Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mother's Day

May 10--12:  I had a fabulous Mother's Day!  I think what I usually expect for Mother's Day is to feel a little spoiled and to spend some time with my favorite people... I got both for sure this year!  On Friday I got to attend my first "Mother's Day Tea" with my favorite Kindergartner.  Sadie's school spoiled us with several cute and thoughtful gifts, some yummy snacks, and a special musical performance!  Perfect start to my Mother's Day weekend:

One thing I had really been wanting was a date night with Marc... As it gets closer to baby time I'm trying to log as much one-on-one as I can because I know it will be harder.  He always does a great job of spoiling me with some fun mother's day gifts (and Sadie LOVES going shopping with him) but this year I told him what I really wanted was to pick out an outfit and blankie for our baby boy and some cute comfy hospital pj's for me.  I had also really been wanting to do an herb garden this year--I got both on our date night!  We did some shopping, had dinner at Chipotle, more shopping, and dessert at Applebees.  During the dessert time of our date we did some brain storming and communicating to come up with a behavior plan for Sadie--I really wanted to get something in place for her before summer/baby!  I think this was one of the most fun dates we've had in awhile!  Marc didn't feel the greatest, but he was a trooper... I enjoyed every minute of our 5 hour date!
Home Depot--Buying Supplies for my Herb Tower

Kohl's--an outfit and a blankie for baby C
On Sunday Marc let me sleep in and he made breakfast for us (not really any different from our typical weekend mornings!) and the kids surprised me with cards that they made.  After church, we decided to use a gift card to Outback to go out to lunch.  As always, eating out with little ones is interesting, but they are my FAVORITE little ones! I can't particularly say that I enjoyed EVERY minute of our 2-hour lunch (yes--it was really that long, not including the "15 minute wait" that was really 40 minutes!)  But also can't say that I would change it...

7 1/2 Months
On Tuesday Marc helped me put together my herb garden... He even planted all the herbs for me and kept searching various stores to find the chives that they did not have at Home Depot... He's pretty great!  I love  having this right outside my kitchen door.  I can't believe how much everything has already grown and I have LOVED using all my fresh herbs.  They smell so fresh and AMAZING!
Mint, Lemon-Thyme, Chives, Dill, Sweet Basil, Parsley, & Cilantro

No comments: