Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Always Something to Laugh About

Enjoy some more silly conversations from the Gorsch household:

  • Kinnick:  "I'm Batman and I'm trying to fly but I can't find my wings.  Mom, can you help me find my wings?"
  • Kinnick to Sadie: "Can God make me be an animal, I really want to be an animal." S-"No, Kinnick God made you be a boy." K-"Is there anything special about me?" S-"Yes--God made you so special. You are the only boy who's just like you." (They were paraphrasing a Veggie Tale Video!)
  • Sadie: "Mom, did you ever notice that Dora and Diego go on really big exploring adventures without asking their mom and dad?  Don't you think that's not very responsible.  I wonder if their mom and dad even know where their at all the time.  Is it okay for them to explore without their mom and dad because their only in a carton?"  
  • Sadie (holding her hand over her chest): "Mom I can't feel my heart.  I think it stopped beeping.  That's not very good!"
  • Sadie to Kinnick while playing tag in the back yard:  "The 'un-freezer' can freeze the freezer but the freezer can't freeze the 'un-freezer'."  K--Ok!
  • Kinnick:  "I'm not picking my nose, I'm just putting my finger up here."
  • We recently had a next full of duck eggs next to our front porch.  The kids liked checking on the eggs and seeing when the momma duck was sitting on them.  One day the eggs were gone.  Sadie was so excited to see the baby ducks.  I explained to her that they wouldn't be back to the nest.  She said "Isn't this their home?"  I told her they would make a new home by the water.  Sadie replied, "Oh--the nest is just like a hospital for the duck to have her babies!"
  • Marc took the kids to McDonald's.  I asked Kinnick, "What McDonald's did you go to?  Did you go to the one by Home Depot?"  K:  "No Mom, we went to the one with caramel ice cream.  I think none of the rest have caramel ice cream."
  • Sadie to Marc (while riding home from small group late at night):  "Dad, I could really go for some Starbucks right now!"
  • Kinnick noticed some freckles on my arm and asked me what they were called.  I told him and he proceeded to check his arms, tummy, and chest for freckles.  I told him he probably doesn't have any.  A minute later he excitedly yelled, "Found some!"  He was pointing to his nipples.  
  • Sadie to Kinnick (while leading him through the house with a belt hooked around his neck):  "Let's pretend you're Joseph and your brothers sold you into slavery.  You have to go to Egypt and work for Potipher."
  • Sadie (while talking to Aunt Nee Nee on the phone):  "I'm learning Spanish--want to hear a Spanish word?  'Off the hook' is a Spanish word that means fun."
  • Sadie was playing school with Macey and Kinnick.  I asked Macey a question when Sadie turned to me and said: "Mom, please stop bothering the little ones or they will start running around and won't sit down politely!"
  • Sadie (as we were changing Macey's diaper):  "I would NEVER eat a poopy diaper.  It's not healthy even though it has corn in it!"
  • Kinnick:  "Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe... Put a tire on my Toe."
And a few sweet prayers...
  • Macey:  "Thank you for my mommy, my daddy, and my ice cream.  Help me listen and bey (obey)."
  • Kinnick:  "Help me not sneak into Sadie's room today at nap time."

No comments: