Friday, December 3, 2010

Kinnick's 2nd Birthday


We had Kinnick's friend birthday party last Tuesday (2 days before his birthday.) We had a truck-themed party! I found this cake idea in a Parenting magazine when I was pregnant with him and saved it. I really wanted to do it last year, but I'm so glad we saved it because he LOVES trucks right now--it was perfect. (And the cake is really easier than it looks for any moms of little boys--super fun!) Kinnick was so proud of his cake--he kept saying "Bubba truck cake!" He loved telling people he was having a "truck cake" party and that he was going to be "2!" We had friends over pizza--it was a fun, relaxed night. It worked out perfectly that Marc was off and Nathan and Cori were here--Cori helped me get ready and Marc and Nathan took the kids to Burger King for lunch so we could make food and clean. (And I'm super-grateful that Cori gave me the tip to freeze the cake--it was SOOOOO much easier to decorate!)

After pizza, we tried to have Kinnick open his gifts. He was busy looking at his Eye-Spy books (his FAVORITE) and he didn't want to open presents. I tried to talk him into it and he said "NO! Buba read books!" It was quite comical. I'm pretty sure this won't be happening at any birthdays in the future!
Sadie finally convinced him (and really "helped" him a lot) to open his presents. He was very excited for some new books--including a Disney eye spy and a big truck book and some new trucks. He also got a remote control car that he thinks is pretty cool. As he opened presents, the truck theme dominated!
This is his "truck" book from Macey. (Funny story--I went to the book fair at our Y to pick up some Halloween books for the kids and I had to take Macey and Kinnick with me. I let Kinnick look at this book while I paid for the books I was buying--I got him a different truck book. When it was time to put this book back, he had a temper tantrum for the record books. I had to haul him out kicking and screaming while carrying Macey also. He kept saying "Bubba want that truck book" through his sobs... Marc stopped on his way home from work to pick it up for him.)


He has had so much fun playing with this truck from Ms. Jennifer. He loves to put stuff in the digger and it up and dump it.

Sadie managed to blow out his candles for him--he was trying, but didn't quite get them before she could.
Enjoying his cake...




What a tired little birthday boy... sleeping with his new garbage truck from Mommy & Daddy!

2 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

I love this post! Your truck cake is super cute - way to go! I think it's so awesome that he loves to read so much. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend. :-)

Stephanie said...

The cake is really cute-I may need that one in a couple years! :)