Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

We had such a great Christmas Eve this year... I felt like it was so balanced with fun/presents and family/giving. I felt so blessed that Grandma & Grandpa Gorsch and Aunt Nee Nee were willing to keep the kids for the morning. I had the amazing opportunity of going to visit new moms in the Chicago Hospitals with a group from Ms. Pearl's. She has done this for the last 6 Christmas Eves and I've always wanted to go, but never had a great opportunity to do so.

I rode to Joliet with Marc (we left while everyone was still sleeping) and dropped him off then continued into Chicago. I joined a group of about 15 others (mostly high school and college students, but a few other adults). We rode around in a bus and visited 6 different hospitals (including Cook County and Rush Medical--two of Chicago's biggest!) At Rush we visited over 20 moms with new babies and several more in labor. I felt so blessed to be able to relate so easily to these moms! We were able to take them huge gift bags stuffed with blankets, clothes, diapers, wipes, lotion, powder, and lots more! We were also able to see their new babies and share with them about a baby God sent so many years ago. I was able to visit and pray with several Christian women and some who didn't know Christ. They were all extremely grateful for the gifts and the prayers. It is definitely something I would like to do again! (I also have to say a huge thank you to my wonderful husband who stayed at the bank for two hours after all his co-workers left while he was waiting on me to get back!)

When we got home we made lots of yummy junk food for our Christmas Eve. We had such a great time hanging out and playing! We let the kids open three presents that were for them to share. They got a new Wii game--Chuckie Cheese, another game--Hullabaloo, and a new Christmas video--Mickey Mouse Club House Saves Santa.


Right before bed we let the kids open their Christmas books!

Macey with her scratch and sniff Gingerbread Family book...

Kinnick got a "Look & Find" Santa book and Sadie got a book called "Christmas Angels". Her book shares the Christmas story from the view point of the angels. We read all the kids new books together before bed. (And I believe I have now read K's book over 50 times!)

Macey had fun hanging out with Daddy!

Sadie laid out all the stockings and set out the cookies and Christmas punch for Santa. We gave her lots of warning about not coming out of her room until we came to get her and she did great! Steph got up in the morning and told me that Sadie was awake. I went to get her and she was waiting patiently in her bed... with a BIG smile!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are just lucky she couldn't figure out how to sneak up on Santa!!!!