Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas At Last!

I must begin this post with a confession... I was the first one up Christmas morning (before 7) and too excited to go back to sleep. I wanted to let Marc and the kids sleep as long as they wanted so I busied myself making cinnamon rolls. I had fully intended to make cinnamon rolls for us to have Christmas morning but by the time 11 PM rolled around on Christmas Eve I knew it was too late (the process takes several hours...) So I made the dough and then spent some much needed time cleaning my kitchen... By 8:30 the kids were awake (all of them were up before Marc!) and ready for Christmas. We all piled onto our bed to red the Christmas story. This year we enjoyed reading from Kinnick's bible, Sadie's bible, and my bible. I also had fun interviewing Sadie and Kinnick--I asked them questions about Jesus' birth and video taped their answers. Sadie answered most of the questions but Kinnick was quick to yell what gifts the wise men brought--I love hearing him say "frankincense". After we finished reading, we sang happy birthday to Jesus and then let daddy sneak down first with the video camera...

Sadie had fun organizing her brother and sister on the top of the stairs and giving them instructions about what to do when they went down.
I loved this Christmas morning! The kids were very excited, but they were also patient. I felt like we got to enjoy each part of our morning without rushing to the next. They were kind to each other and grateful for their gifts.
Santa Presents:
Sadie's Leapster

Kinnick's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse--he spends time every day playing with this playhouse!

Macey's Pink Stacking Rings
Stockings:


Sadie has been wanting this toothbrush for some time. She loved decorating with her name and stickers and has been brushing her teeth several times daily since Christmas!
Presents from Mom & Dad:




Ornaments:
For Kinnick, we chose a Micky Mouse Choo Choo ornament--he LOVES Mickey Mouse Club House (almost to the point where I can classify it as an addiction!) We also got him a glittery truck ornament because this year he has been fascinated with trucks.
Sadie got a tinkerbell. She loves anything princess or disney. She is constantly telling us stories about visiting Disneyland with her imaginary friends. She loves to play dress up and loves to wear princess pajamas. I have enjoyed introducing her to several disney princess movies this year including: Snow White, Aladdin, & Beauty and the Beast.
We had a hard time finding Macey's ornament. When I told Marc that I was thinking she needed something with a smile face, he laughed and told me he had been thinking the same thing. We choose this santa ornament because it was the closest to a smile face we could find. We loving calling her "Smiley Mace"--she always has a smile to share!

The kids got a box full of bath tub goodies (including finger paint) to share--they were so excited they wanted to take a bath right away. (After Kinnick helped daddy shovel snow with his new shovel, that is!)
That afternoon we drove to Mt. Sterling for my mom's family Christmas. We took the kids new game and they had fun playing with their cousins. We also let them take some of their new toys for the car ride. Sadie enjoyed her leapster and Kinnick enjoyed his tag jr. books. At the party they received pillow pets from my parents--they are a HUGE hit!
I feel so blessed with such a wonderful family... I've loved all the fun leading up to Christmas and Christmas day was great!

No comments: