Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's a...

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday was our ultrasound. I was very excited and nervous to find out. I didn't really have an expectation and I knew I would be overjoyed either way, but I can't explain the excitement I felt when I know it was a boy. About 5 minutes into our ultrasound (after seeing all those oh-so-important parts) our tech finally asked us if we wanted to know. OF COURSE! She said "Well, I think it's a boy, but we're going to get a closer look." Sure enough the little guy gave us a clear shot of his manhood! (I've heard that boys enjoy to do that at even this young age...)

After our appointment, we had a long day of car shopping (I'll share more of that later...) and I couldn't resists making a final stop at Children's Place. I can't even describe how much fun it was to walk in and go to the "Boy's Side". It was so great to shop for baby boy clothes (and believe it or not, I didn't buy a single thing for Sadie today!) Of course I wanted to get a little 0-3 outfit, but the bargain shopper in me couldn't resist all the great deal on clothes for next summer--I got all of this stuff for $22! What a great day...

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

YEAH!!!! I'm rejoicing with you from afar!!

Trista said...

hey! i was very excited too! Now Jaren will have a "BOY" friend to play with! I also went and bought you something BOY.. I will send it to you next week! Have a great week!

Smith Family Blog said...

YAY!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!

Stephanie said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting!! Another little Cubs fan :) I'm so happy for you!!!

Bethany said...

CONGRATS!!!! It's really great, sometimes I wonder if the boys are going to feel overwhelmed when we all get together and there are mostly girls. I will be so excited to know the name when you all decide. Tell little Sadie Congrats. From the pics I can see that she is going to be a great big sis.

Smith Family Blog said...

We had just been talking about baby names (related to sports) at small group before I read this post, and we mentinoned that you had Cubs-related names picked out, so we were really surprised when you picked Sadie. I remember a sports-related boy name-- are you going to surprise us again? :)

Kristina said...

No... We have 3 Hawkeye related names for boys picked out and we will definatly be using one of them!

Smith Family Blog said...

By the way-- we know a couple with a boy Moses' age whose name is Wrigley. I can't help but think it is a dog name. :)